It is intended that this section provide the basic information on principles, fundamentals, and technical procedures in the subject matter areas relating to the airframe rating. It is designed to aid students enrolled in a formal course of instruction, as well as the individual who is studying on his or her own.
- Aircraft Structures
- Aerodynamics, Aircraft Assembly, and Rigging
- Aircraft Fabric Covering
- Aircraft Metal Structural Repair
- Aircraft Welding
- Aircraft Wood and Structural Repair
- Advanced Composite Materials
- Aircraft Painting and Finishing
- Aircraft Electrical System
- Aircraft Instrument Systems
- Communication and Navigation
- Hydraulic and Pneumatic Power Systems
- Aircraft Landing Gear Systems
This section contains information on airframe construction features, assembly and rigging, fabric covering, structural repairs, and aircraft welding. The section also contains an explanation of the units that make up the various airframe systems. Because there are so many different types of aircraft in use today, it is reasonable to expect that differences exist in airframe components and systems. Subject matter treatment is from a generalized point of view and should be supplemented by reference to manufacturer’s manuals or other textbooks if more detail is desired. This section is not intended to replace, substitute for, or supersede official regulations or the manufacturer’s instructions.